I was forbidden by my husband to travel to Russia on December 6th, but I guess this is a workaround. No, actually the bag à la Courier of Tsar required a winter jacket. I had admired this one on Dolls' House Magazine some years ago, and now it was time to try the instructions out.
After copying the patterns, I tried it out on kitchen paper. The sleeves were quite long,but otherwise it seemed to fit.
The lining fabric did not like "Fray Check", so I took my favourite tool: coffee stirrer and applied a tiny amount of PVA glue around the edges. Not very pretty, but better than Fray Check. As I started applying the glue, I remembered a trick used earlier. It would have been easier if I could find a wide container where to mix water and glue, and just dip the edges into mixture. But as I was only to handle four pieces of lining I decided it was not worth while to find the suitable container, mix the stuff, dip and clean up...Especially clean up.
As I did not follow the instructions, the collar is glued to the jacket instead of sewing. But notice that there are three rows of chunky chenille instead of two which makes the collar more furry. And notice the gold thread used in buttons.
But I'm bit worried for the lady as she is wandering in the snow without proper shoes. And her hat is still to be completed...