Wednesday 30 May 2012

Finally - Hôtel Jadis exterior work has begun

I have been working on Hôtel Jadis since beginning of February, more or less (more like less) full-time. And finally this week I started to work on the outsideof the house. On Monday when I glued the third floor to the rest of the house, the feeling was amazing: it will be ready. You can see the results below. It is quite long way from the picture on the left hand side column.


Well, it will take a quite long while still as even the outside is taking much more time than I estimated. I thought  the whole thing would be ready by Monday eve (after a very long day), but then I just had not the courage to work so hard.

I guess it is the artistic process, very painful one, as I seem to be able to postpone starting to infinity.  The pain point of Monday was the back. It started on the third floor: I wanted to have an open door there, which meant that there needs to be an extension.

So on Tue I built the extension and decorated the inside (impossible to do afterwards). Then I started to look to the first and second floor, or actually their back. Plain. Boring. A bay would be needed. Luckily a faux one would do, wouldn't it?


It is still quite plain, but there are windows wainting that someone would sand, paint and decorate the outside instead of writing the blog....

No comments: