Wednesday 27 June 2012

Library of miniature books

I do love libraries, the only thing I hate about them is the fines you get from not returning the books in time. But I always think that the money goes for a good cause: they are able to buy more books.

Well,  going to the library of my friend Sari, was far more expensive:-) As she has an enormous collection of miniature books, I was happy as can be when she said that I can borrow as many as I wanted. Luckily I was going home by foot, so there was a limit of a backpack.

But, as I was afraid, the end result was that I had to buy most of the books to my own library. The end result can be seen below. Yes, I admit that the two on the bottom of the pile are not miniature books, but while shopping on amazon....



There were a couple of dissappointments on the shopping spree though. The Paris Interiors book is a smaller edition than the one I have been borrowing from the city library (with fines, yes) and the printing is not of the same quality.  And if you look carefully to the photo, you can see that I have ordered two copies of the same book....

But the biggest dissappointment was ofcourse that even the French amazon did not have all the books I wanted: Florence Labeyrie-Bejot's books about French kitchens and libraries. What made it worse: they actually had them, but the sellers did not ship to Finland.

So it has been like Christmas when getting the daily posts...

No comments: